Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Night of Artists Onoway

Here is an image of my booth at the most recent Night of Artists In Onoway. It was a very successful evening with lots of art curious patrons coming to see my work. People mostly commented on my colour use because it is so bright. Other more painting experienced patrons noted that my application of paint on to my canvas is unusual and a lot of them have not  heard of painting with a painting knife before.
Other found my Ndebele inspired work very interesting, but people preferred my florals especially the sunflowers and the Protea painting.
For me the night was very enriching. I was able to connect with other artists and talk art jargon. I also picked up on a few more art tips on how to present my paintings more professionally.
So what is next?
Well, I am signed up for Whyte Ave Art Walk this year that is a three day ordeal. I am very excited for the opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment