Monday, April 28, 2014

Life as we know it...is BUSY.

I have been busy with art classes and applying what I have learned to my painting. Here is the last few paintings fresh of the easel.
 Alberta Wildrose
12*12inches
on Canvas
Sold
In this painting I was applying the color theory I learned in an art class with Tammy Taylor. And I think it worked well. It has enough tonal and hue value to make it interesting.

Brown-Eyed Susan
1*2 Feet
Oil on Canvas

In the Brown-Eyed Susan I applied the color theory I learned from Sharon Hazen. I was also introduced to complex composition called the Golden Means.I had fun with it.
These paintings were painted with a brush in stead of a painting knife. I figured out a way to keep my brushes useful without spending a lot of time cleaning them. Cleaning brushes are my nemesis.

I also signed up for The Whyte Ave Art Walk again this year. Can not wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment